Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring in my Step!

A year ago we were post accident only a couple weeks when Easter arrived. What a difference a year makes. Last year we weren't able to go to church (could not even get out of bed - forget out of the house or in a car!) or cook a dinner (really were not eating well yet so cooking was not on our radar) and I don't remember seeing my outside Easter Hyacintha bloom. I remember the pain and the fear. If it was a nice day I did not notice. We are still struggling with many things, but this year we did celebrate Easter and we did see the beauty in the day. I went to church, cooked dinner, hugged my husband and my kids, saw my beautiful purple flower bloom and was overwhelmed with Thanks and Gratitude to be here in 2009.

Spring and Easter is my favorite time of year. It's the promise of new life, the opportunity to bloom and feel the warmth of the sun and the chill of a spring rain. I wish we did not have to have the accident, but having walked that path, my eyes and my heart are both a little wider and fuller.

No comments:

Post a Comment